I made these caramelized rice crisps with the full intention of enjoying them as a breakfast topper but to be honest with you, I have yet to use them in a breakfast as I’ve been enjoying them on their own as a crunchy snack. They almost remind me of an elevated rice crispy square. These caramelized rice puffs are seriously delicious!
Sometimes it’s nice switching out your usual granola or breakfast topper, for something new, which is exactly what this creation is intended for and is a perfect alternative to buying a sugary, packaged granola.
Adding something delicious to my cereal, overnight oats or yogurt parfait makes me enjoy my meal that much more. I strongly believe in enjoying each and every meal and eliminating any guilt from the food that we eat. I used to feel guilty about enjoying foods that taste good because I thought that enjoying bland/basic food was the healthiest option. So in the past, I wouldn’t have bothered to top my breakfast with a delicious granola or topper, I would have just eaten it plain. However, when we aren’t excited about and feel guilty about the foods that we eat, we increase our stress hormones. Cue a stress response where we store our fat – which is very unhealthy in the long term. These stress hormones are so subtle to us as the reaction occurs internally and is very hard to realize the detrimental effects.
So here’s the recipe that I’m hoping will bring more joy and happiness to your breakfasts or snacks. This recipe was inspired by Deliciously Ella’s Almond and Honey Breakfast Puffs
- 2 cups of brown rice puffs/rice crisps
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 3 tbsp. almond butter (or another nut butter of your choice)
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of vanilla bean powder
How to Make:
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Melt the liquid ingredients in a pan or in an oven proof bowl
- Once melted stir in the salt and vanilla bean powder
- Top the rice crisps with the melted liquid ingredients
- Add to a baking tray with parchment paper
- Put in the oven for 10 minutes (when ready your home will smell divine!)