Go-to breakfast ideas is an essential! Busy mornings require a repertoire of recipes that are nourishing, easy to make and will keep you going until lunch time. When my friend introduced me to this recipe it instantly became one of my rotating weekly breakfast bowls. This chocolate avocado parfait is a perfect breakfast or can be enjoyed as a mid-afternoon snack and is sure to curb any chocolate cravings.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup chopped avocado
- 2-3 dates
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao
- 2 tablespoons of either hemp or chia seeds (or 1 tablespoon of each)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3-4 ice cubes
How to Make:
- Cut the dates into pieces and blend with 1 cup almond milk (otherwise the dates will clump together and not blend properly)
- Add the other ingredients
- Blend smoothie until desired thickness.
- Add toppings (cacao nibs, buckwheat groats, coconut flakes, etc.) and enjoy with a spoon!
- Put in the freezer for 10-15 minutes for an ice cream-like consistency.