If you’re craving a rich, creamy pasta sauce, without heavy dairy or cream, this recipe is a must-try! The avocado and cashews add a great creamy texture and make for a great pasta dish. In addition to a creamy texture, avocados and cashews offer many nutritional benefits. Avocados offer B vitamins, fibre, potassium, vitamin K, vitamin E and vitamin C; they are anti-inflammatory from omega-3 fatty acids in the form of alpha-linoleic acid (ALA). Cashews are high in copper which offer antioxidant defences, energy production, and bone and blood vessel support.
Prep time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 10 minutes; Total time: 30 minutes; Serves 6 people
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup soaked cashews
- 1½ cup almond milk
- 3 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- ½ lemon
- ½ tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Salt pepper to taste
- A few dashes of turmeric & chili powder
- 1 package of brown rice, spelt or kaumt fettucine noodles
How to Make:
- Soak the cashews in water overnight or for 8 hours.
- Put all ingredients in a blender,
- To prepare the noodles, bring water to a boil.
- In the meantime, sauté veggies like mushrooms, spinach and onion. To sauté, add grape seed oil to a pan on medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for a few minutes, then add onion for another few minutes and finally add the other veggies until cooked to your liking.
- Once the water is boiled, cook the noodles as per the package directions. When cooked, add noodles to the pan with veggies and toss with the alfredo sauce.
- Serve with a nice mixed green salad and a balsamic dressing of your choice.
- Grilled chicken or hemp seeds would be a great addition for an added boost of protein.