Nothing is more refreshing than a Mediterranean meal on a hot summer night. This fish recipe is light and refreshing and can be modified to your taste preference. It’s great served with a fresh summer tabbouleh salad and homemade hummus or wholesome dip. It is really simple and is great paired with many dishes.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs of rosemary, leaves stripped and roughly chopped to release the oils
- ½ cup black olives
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons grape seed oil
- 6-8 white fish fillets – cod, sable, scrod or halibut (I used cod)
- 2-3 lemons, thinly sliced into rounds
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make:
- Mix the garlic, rosemary, lemon zest, and grape seed oil in a bowl. Roll the fish in the oil and herbs.
- Put the fish in a shallow baking dish in a single layer and leave to sit in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
- While the fish is marinating, preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Season with salt and pepper. Layer the lemon slices over the fish, overlapping them to look like scales.
- Bake on a high shelf for 15-20 minutes or until the fish is just done. The lemon slices will be golden and caramelized.
- Take the fish out of the oven and let it sit for about 5 minutes to steam and finish cooking. Garnish with olives before serving immediately.
- I also used fresh red chill peppers on the fish for an added kick of spice!