SMOOTHIES are one of the best ways to get your nutrition on track and set the tone for a healthy day. And if you work out in the mornings, they are great for post-workout recovery and building lean muscle. After having a nutrient-rich smoothie complete with all of the goodies – greens, fruit, protein and healthy fats – you will feel nourished and will know that you have enjoyed many vitamins, minerals and healthy foods all before you’ve sat down to conquer your overnight influx of emails. Once you get into a routine of making smoothies, you won’t even think twice about it.
- 1 cup of almond milk (or water)
- 1 tsp of spirulina (or other greens powder like chlorella)
- 1 banana (the sweetness is heightened the riper they are)
- 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1 scoop of protein powder (I use Sunwarrior or Vega)
How to Make:
Add all of the ingredients to a blender – I usually add the liquid first. Blend on high speed. Add to a cup and top with your favourite superfoods such as homemade granola, goji berries, chia seeds, hemp hearts, or cacao nibs.